1983-09-12 Colston Hall, Bristol, England, UK/Source 1
A good to very good sounding audience recording. Very good, solid bass throughout most of the gig which only becomes slightly distorted during a couple tracks, which is a surprise in an audience recording from this era. The left channel is more prominent than the right for most of the recording. There's some distortion here and there, but that's to be expected. There are some dropouts during the beginning of Everything Counts. "The Landscape Is Changing", "And Then...", "Boys Say Go!" are missing entirely, the beginning of Photographic is missing, and all but the last 4 seconds of Pipeline are missing, probably due to the taper either forgetting to flip the tape in time, or the use of a 60-minute tape.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [6:07] Play Everything Counts
- [3:42] Play Now, This Is Fun
- [4:41] Play Two Minute Warning
- [4:16] Play Shame
- [4:08] Play See You
- [3:24] Play Get The Balance Right
- [4:38] Play Love In Itself
- [0:04] Play Pipeline (*)
- [3:07] Play Photographic
- [4:44] Play Told You So
- [4:10] Play New Life
- [5:02] Play More Than A Party
- [3:08] Play The Meaning Of Love
- [5:23] Play Just Can't Get Enough
- Total time: 56:34
- unknown taper and equipment -> fourth generation cassette tape -> most likely MiniDisc based on spectrogram -> unknown transfer -> FLAC -> in Adobe Audition CC 2015: auto healed some loud clicks, normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias centered -> FLAC level 8
- Generation: 4th
- Thanks to VT (tvv449) and wb_spb for this version! VT received this version as "Arston's version" - though that bears no significance to me whatsoever.
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz - 313MB