1988-06-18 Rose Bowl, Pasadena, CA, USA/OMD Source 1: Difference between revisions
(point streams to new server)
(change torrent downloads to direct downloads)
|Line 48:||Line 48:|
== Download ==
== Download ==
*[https://..//omd1988-06-18.aud.Emmett-FStop67.1.flac1644.Download ] - FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz - 307MB
Latest revision as of 19:41, 19 March 2019
Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark were one of the opening support acts for Depeche Mode at this concert. A nearly complete audience recording of OMD's set is available to stream and download below.
A good audience recording. Two sources were used to help create the most complete recording available. "Maid Of Orleans" is still incomplete due to tape flip, but now has about 10 seconds added from the second source. The recording has no other missing music, as far as I know.
dmlive2k's recording was shared on DIME before but was dual-mono due to a tape deck issue (one channel did not play back correctly so the intact channel was pasted over the damaged one). This version is stereo, as it appears on the cassette. Emmett's source consists of tracks 1 through half of 7; the remainder is FStop67's source.
dmlive2k also taped Depeche Mode's set, but only the first nine tracks of his recording exist today. The second tape is missing or lost, unfortunately. Due to the fact that the audio was officially released on the '101' video and CD releases, I cannot upload the audience recording to DIME or my live wiki. A transfer of Emmett's DM recording circulates, but it is 112kbps MP3 converted to FLAC. That one is also dual-mono. I retransferred DM's set when I had dmlive2k's tape, of course. Unfortunately, excerpts of that recording cannot be provided.
The FStop67 tape has some of the second half of DM's set (which tracks exactly is unknown), but the tape was returned to the taper and the person who transferred it must have discarded the transfer of DM's set since it is not possible to share the recording on DIME. It is unlikely that the recording will be available in the future, but I will remain hopeful.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [4:23] Play Enola Gay
- [4:15] Play Tesla Girls
- [4:53] Play Messages
- [4:33] Play Secret
- [5:04] Play If You Leave
- [4:06] Play (Forever) Live And Die
- [0:49] Play Maid Of Orleans
- [3:38] Play Souvenir
- [3:43] Play So In Love
- [4:18] Play Dreaming
- [4:19] Play Locomotion
- [3:09] Play Electricity
- Total time: 47:08
- Sony tape recorder + Sony mics (unknown models) -> master cassette (unknown type) -> 1st generation cassette (Maxell UR-120) -> Sony TC-WE805S tape deck (no Dolby setting, azimuth adjusted) -> RCA to 3.5mm cable -> TASCAM DR-2d (line in @ 95 percent, 24/48) -> 16GB SD card -> USB -> in Adobe Audition CC: automatic phase correction (most accurate settings), normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias removed -> WAV (24/48) -> FLAC level 8 (16/44) using foobar2000 v1.3.2, FLAC 1.3.0 64-bit, and Resampler (SoX), best quality
- Generation: 1st
- Taper: Emmett C. / dmlive2k
- Transfer: DMLiveWiki
- Cassette tape photos included
- Borrowed Cassette (master / low gen) -> TASCAM CD-RW700 -> Exact Audio Copy (unknown version / settings) -> Soundforge -> FLAC -> in Adobe Audition CC: automatic phase correction, normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias removed, slowed down 1.5%
- Taper: FStop67
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz - 307MB