containing live recordings, interviews, or demos? Please see Contributing, or e-mail us.
To discuss Depeche Mode with other fans, please consider joining the official Depeche Mode Discord server or independent fan server Discord for the Masses.
To coordinate site work, we recommend the Depeche Mode Live Editor Discord group.
1984-11-15 Falkoner Theatre, Copenhagen, Denmark/Source 1
A good audience recording. Some distortion and wow & flutter here and there, but overall fairly clear and enjoyable sound. It seems the two sides were crossfaded together, so the ending of Ice Machine and the beginning of Lie To Me overlap, but the previous version was missing the beginning of "Lie To Me" anyway. Other than some of the intro ambience to Somebody missing due to tape flip, this seems to be a complete recording with no missing music. This version is less hissy and has slightly better frequency response than the previous version, which was fallenqueen's transfer, also of a low-generation tape.
Dave doesn't begin the concert on the quite right pitch during Something To Do. Some samples are missing during Two Minute Warning, Blasphemous Rumours, and the beginnings of People Are People and Told You So. There are incorrect samples played throughout Everything Counts. A precursor to the concert in Lund two nights later with all its missing samples, perhaps?
Thanks to willer for transferring and sharing this recording.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [1:00] Play Intro
- [3:54] Play Something To Do
- [4:38] Play Two Minute Warning
- [3:55] Play Puppets
- [5:13] Play If You Want
- [4:15] Play People Are People
- [5:04] Play Leave In Silence
- [4:15] Play New Life
- [4:17] Play Shame
- [4:58] Play Somebody (*)
- [3:38] Play Ice Machine
- [5:28] Play Lie To Me
- [5:27] Play Blasphemous Rumours
- [4:48] Play Told You So
- [5:16] Play Master And Servant
- [4:26] Play Photographic
- [5:44] Play Everything Counts
- [4:40] Play See You
- [3:45] Play Shout
- [5:14] Play Just Can't Get Enough
- Total time: 1:29:56
- first or second-generation cassette (from "The Schilling Box of Tapes") -> Sherwood HX-Pro cassette deck (unknown model; azimuth adjusted) -> computer line-in -> Cool Edit Pro -> CD WAV -> FLAC -> in Adobe Audition CC 2015: normalized to -3.0dB and any DC bias removed, slowed down 4.0~6.0% (sliding speed correction, beginning to end), normalized to -0.1dB -> WAV -> tracked using Audacity 2.1.2 -> WAV tracks -> FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz using FLAC 1.3.1 64-bit (level 8 compression) and foobar2000 v1.3.10
- Transfer: willer
- auCDtectTaskManager log included
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1KHz - 610.88MB