containing live recordings, interviews, or demos? Please see Contributing, or e-mail us.
To discuss Depeche Mode with other fans, please consider joining the official Depeche Mode Discord server or independent fan server Discord for the Masses.
To coordinate site work, we recommend the Depeche Mode Live Editor Discord group.
1984-11-21 Friedrich-Ebert-Halle, Ludwigshafen, Germany/Source 1
A very good audience recording. Some distortion at times, but otherwise enjoyable. There is a tape flip one minute in to Lie To Me and about 30 seconds of music is lost. The first several seconds of the concert intro is also missing. This source is much better sounding than the previous FLAC version of this source that was available, no doubt due to the low generation and transfer using very good equipment.
Many thanks to darkdevoted for obtaining the tape and performing the transfer.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [0:52] Play Intro
- [3:59] Play Something To Do
- [4:34] Play Two Minute Warning
- [3:53] Play Puppets
- [5:11] Play If You Want
- [4:12] Play People Are People
- [5:01] Play Leave In Silence
- [4:12] Play New Life
- [4:24] Play Shame
- [5:29] Play Somebody (*)
- [3:44] Play Ice Machine
- [4:46] Play Lie To Me
- [5:24] Play Blasphemous Rumours
- [4:45] Play Told You So
- [5:12] Play Master And Servant
- [4:21] Play Photographic
- [7:41] Play Everything Counts
- [5:42] Play See You
- [3:54] Play Shout
- [4:53] Play Just Can't Get Enough
- Total time: 1:32:09
- master recording (unknown equipment) -> first generation Maxell XLII 90 high position cassette, 1982 - 1984 Europe stock -> Technics RS-AZ7 cassette deck -> Yamaha RX-V1300RDS receiver -> Roland R-05 (24/48) -> WAV (24/48) -> in Adobe Audition CC 2015: slowed down 3.0%, normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias removed, dropout near end of Two Minute Warning patched -> WAV (24/48) -> tracked using Audacity 2.1.1 -> WAV (24/48) tracks -> FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz using FLAC 1.3.1 64-bit (level 8 compression) and foobar2000 v1.3.10 with its Resampler (SoX) component v0.8.3 (best quality), dithering enabled
- Taper: Elly Apfel
- Position: near speaker in front of Alan Wilder
- Transfer: darkdevoted
- Cassette photo and auCDtectTaskManager log included
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1KHz - 591.29MB