1984-12-05 Münsterlandhalle, Münster, Germany/Source 1
A good audience recording. The left channel is louder than the right for much of the recording, and there is a moderate amount of hiss. "See You" through the end of the concert was quieter than the rest of the recording for some reason, so I normalized it again to -0.1dB to make the levels more even - this resulted in louder hiss for those tracks as well, however. Due to tape flip, "New Life" is missing the last few seconds of the song, and "Shame" is missing the first 35 seconds or so. Other than that, no music is missing from this recording as far as I know. "Leave In Silence" has some incorrect samples played at the beginning, and Martin sings "leave in silence" with a different inflection the last time those words are sung in the song.
Revision A notes: This tape was retransferred on the Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck on June 11, 2016 for better bass response and less wow & flutter.
Many thanks to Falko for lending me this cassette to transfer and share.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [1:03] Play Intro
- [4:03] Play Something To Do
- [4:39] Play Two Minute Warning
- [3:57] Play Puppets
- [5:16] Play If You Want
- [4:17] Play People Are People
- [5:07] Play Leave In Silence
- [4:04] Play New Life
- [3:49] Play Shame
- [5:46] Play Somebody (*)
- [3:51] Play Ice Machine
- [5:34] Play Lie To Me
- [5:29] Play Blasphemous Rumours
- [4:50] Play Told You So
- [5:17] Play Master And Servant
- [4:25] Play Photographic
- [5:58] Play Everything Counts
- [5:54] Play See You
- [3:46] Play Shout
- [5:07] Play Just Can't Get Enough
- Total time: 1:32:11
- unknown recording equipment -> first generation TDK SA90 high position tape, 1988 - 1989 stock -> Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck, serviced and upgraded (details) -> Blue Jeans Cable LC-1 8-foot RCA cable -> Creative Sound Blaster ZxR (RCA Line In) -> Adobe Audition CC 2015 (32-bit / 88.2 khz) -> sped up 2.0%, hard limited mic bumps, normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias removed, See You to the end of the tape normalized to bring the levels closer to the rest of the recording -> WAV (32/88.2) -> tracked using Audacity 2.1.2 -> WAV (32/88.2) tracks -> FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz using FLAC 1.3.1 64-bit (level 8 compression) and foobar2000 v1.3.10 with its Resampler (SoX) component v0.8.3 (best quality), dithering enabled
- Taper: Elly Apfel
- Generation: first
- Transfer: ligushka (https://www.depechemode-live.com)
- Cassette tape photos and auCDtectTaskManager log included
- Download via torrent - FLAC 16-bit 44.1KHz - 583.86MB