1990-06-26 Blossom Music Center, Cuyahoga Falls, OH, USA/Source 1
A surprisingly good audience recording. Some talkers around the taper can be heard occasionally.
A 60-minute tape was used, so this recording is incomplete because the taper was pausing the recording.
Waiting For The Night is missing the second half of the song due to tape flip; the song also misses some of the beginning. The beginning of I Want You Now is missing due to the same tape flip. Clean is missing about three-quarters of the song, and "Halo", "Master And Servant", "Stripped", "Policy Of Truth", "Strangelove", "Black Celebration" and "A Question Of Time" are missing entirely. The beginning notes of Never Let Me Down Again, Enjoy The Silence, Personal Jesus, and Behind The Wheel are missing, and the last two minutes of Route 66 are missing entirely.
This recording was taped by a German exchange student who had the idea to bring back some songs to his friends back in Germany so they could hear some of a typical concert before the World Violation Tour came to Europe. The secretary at his school was kind enough to lend her portable tape / dictation machine to the taper.
Many thanks to grandby for taping the concert, keeping his master cassette and ticket stub for this long and storing them well, for generously offering to send me his tape to transfer and even paying for shipping!
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [3:20] Play Kaleid
- [5:19] Play World In My Eyes
- [5:20] Play Shake The Disease
- [5:56] Play Everything Counts
- [6:54] Play Never Let Me Down Again
- [4:15] Play Waiting For The Night
- [3:23] Play I Want You Now (*)
- [3:29] Play World Full Of Nothing (*)
- [1:41] Play Clean
- [7:40] Play Enjoy The Silence
- [6:06] Play Personal Jesus
- [5:26] Play Behind The Wheel
- [3:24] Play Route 66
- Total time: 1:02:10
- portable cassette recorder + built in mics (unknown model) -> Sony UX Type II 60-minute cassette (master), 1988 stock -> Nakamichi MR-1 professional discrete head cassette deck (playback azimuth optimized) -> Mogami 2534 XLR to TRS cables -> Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen USB audio interface -> WAV (32/88.2) -> recorded in Audacity 3.1.3 using WASAPI input; hard limited high peaks from tape stop / starts; stereo channels phase aligned; recording normalized to -0.1dB and any DC offset removed; track splits -> WAV (32/88.2) tracks -> downsampled to FLAC level 8 (16/44) using foobar2000 v1.6.11, FLAC 1.3.4 64-bit, and foobar2000's Resampler (RetroArch) component at "Highest" quality, dithering enabled
- Taper: grandby (L.R.)
- Generation: master
- Transfer: DMLiveWiki on June 26, 2022
- Cassette tape photos, ticket scans, and auCDtectTaskManager log included
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz - 390MB