1990-06-26 Blossom Music Center, Cuyahoga Falls, OH, USA/Source 1
A surprisingly good audience recording, more or less unheard for nearly 25 years now - the taper thought this was a bad recording, but I beg to differ. Some talkers around the taper can be heard occasionally. A 60-minute tape was used, so this recording is rather incomplete. Waiting For The Night is missing the second half of the song due to tape flip; the song also misses some of the beginning. The beginning of I Want You Now is missing due to the same tape flip. Clean is missing about three-quarters of the song, and "Halo", "Master And Servant", "Stripped", "Policy Of Truth", "Strangelove", "Black Celebration" and "A Question Of Time" are missing entirely. The beginning notes of Never Let Me Down Again, Enjoy The Silence, Personal Jesus, and Behind The Wheel are missing, and the last two minutes of Route 66 are missing entirely.
This recording was taped by a German exchange student who had the idea to bring back some songs to his friends back in Germany so they could hear some of a typical concert before the World Violation Tour came to Europe. The secretary at his school was kind enough to lend her portable tape / dictation machine to the taper.
Many thanks to grandby for taping the concert, keeping his master cassette and ticket stub for this long and storing them well, for generously offering to send me his tape to transfer *and* even paying for shipping!
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [3:20] Play Kaleid
- [5:19] Play World In My Eyes
- [5:21] Play Shake The Disease
- [5:57] Play Everything Counts
- [6:56] Play Never Let Me Down Again
- [4:16] Play Waiting For The Night
- [3:24] Play I Want You Now (*)
- [3:31] Play World Full Of Nothing (*)
- [1:39] Play Clean
- [7:42] Play Enjoy The Silence
- [6:07] Play Personal Jesus
- [5:50] Play Behind The Wheel
- [3:01] Play Route 66
- Total time: 1:02:22
- Incomplete master audience recording
- portable cassette recorder + built in mics (unknown model) & Sony UX 60 high position tape (master), 1988 stock -> Nakamichi Cassette Deck One (fresh belts, upgraded capstan motor, playback amplifier capacitors replaced, tape wound & rewound before transferring, azimuth optimized) -> Monoprice heavy-duty RCA to 3.5mm cable -> ASUS Xonar DX sound card -> Adobe Audition CC 2014.2 (32-bit / 96 khz) -> hard limited high peaks, automatic phase correction (most accurate settings), normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias removed -> WAV (32/96) -> tracked using Audacity 2.0.6 -> WAV (32/96) tracks -> FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz using FLAC 1.3.1 64-bit (level 8 compression) and foobar2000 v1.3.8 with its Resampler (SoX) component v0.8.3 (best quality)
- Taper: grandby (L.R.)
- Generation: master
- Transfer: DMLiveWiki
- Cassette tape photos, ticket scans, and auCDtectTaskManager log included
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz - 386MB