1981-06-11 BBC Studio Session/Source 1
This specific version of this session is compiled from several different broadcasts in order to get the cleanest possible versions of the songs, with the least amount of cross-fading, DJ chatter and station idents. Because different broadcasts were used, the first two tracks do not fade cleanly into each other, and there is still some occasional DJ chatter between tracks, but all of the songs are now as complete as possible. I retained as much music as possible even if this meant including extra DJ chatter. Boys Say Go! now has a completed intro, but with about two seconds of Tora! Tora! Tora!'s fade out at the very beginning barely audible. Big Muff has the first few notes and last note more audible now due to less station ident talking over the music. Photographic and Tora! Tora! Tora! are not changed from previous versions.
Track order is the same as the complete session broadcast (which is the source for tracks 3 and 4 mentioned above).
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [2:42] Play Boys Say Go!
- [4:01] Play Big Muff
- [3:17] Play Photographic
- [3:12] Play Tora! Tora! Tora!
- Total time: 13:11
Various BBC 6 Music segments (detailed below) -> digital satellite (DVB-S) broadcast -> Humax Foxsat HDR -> PC -> MP2 (160kbps 48kHz) -> mp3directcut v2.19 (track splits)
- Track 1: Chris Hawkins January 27, 2009 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00h5m75)
- Track 2: Chris Hawkins November 5, 2009 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00npgkz)
- Tracks 3 and 4: Clare McDonnell March 14, 2009 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00j5vnd)
- Download ZIP - MP2 160kbps 48khz - 15.1MB