This category includes recordings known as "pre-FM" recordings, sourced from the original media used during FM radio broadcasts. These sources can include reel-to-reel tapes, vinyl transcription discs, and compact discs. Pre-FM recordings often offer better dynamic range and audio quality compared to their FM broadcast counterparts. Modern webstreams can also be considered pre-FM when they offer superior quality compared to a traditional FM broadcast capture.
These recordings are typically more complete and have improved audio quality because they are closer to the original source, resulting in fewer generational losses. In addition, pre-FM recordings usually lack DJ chatter or radio station watermarks that can be present in FM broadcast variants.
Pages in category "Pre-FM recordings"
The following 13 pages are in this category, out of 13 total.
- 1981-06-11 Richard Skinner Session, BBC Radio 1, London, England, UK/Source 1
- 1981-09-29 Les Bains Douches, Paris, France/Source 1
- 1983-10-08 Hammersmith Odeon, London, England, UK/Source 1
- 1984-11-02 Hammersmith Odeon, London, England, UK/Source 1
- 1984-11-30 St. Jacobs Sporthalle, Basel, Switzerland/Source 1
- 1984-12-09 Alsterdorf Sporthalle, Hamburg, Germany/Source 1
- 1993-07-31 Crystal Palace Sports Ground, London, England, UK/Source 1
- 1998-12-12 KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas, Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, CA, USA/Source 1
- 2005-12-11 KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas, Gibson Amphitheatre, Universal City, CA, USA/Source 1
- 2009-04-xx Tour Of The Universe Tour Rehearsals, SIR Studios, New York, NY, USA/Source 1
- 2015-10-21 WFUV Session, MSR Studios, New York City, NY, USA/Source 1
- 2017-03-21 Studios Rive Gauche, RTL2, Paris, France/Source 1
- 2023-02-16 BBC Radio 2's Piano Room, BBC Maida Vale Studios, London, England, UK/Source 2