1990-06-18 Radio City Music Hall, New York, NY, USA/Source 1
A good audience recording. Kaleid is complete on this source compared to Source 2, but this tape is missing "Policy Of Truth" and "Strangelove" which are present on Source 2. Both sources are missing "Stripped" and "Clean", presumably because they were not recorded.
This concert is particularly noteworthy because it includes an acoustic performance of Little 15 instead of the usual "Sweetest Perfection" that was coupled with Here Is The House. This concert was the first of only three live performances of the song in this format (see Little 15/Live performance dates for the other concerts).
This tape is said to have been purchased from Goldmine shortly after the show; based on that, as well as the overall improved sound quality compared to Source 2, this is assumed to be a low-generation tape. There is still some distortion and wow & flutter present overall, perhaps indicating that this was taped with average equipment. It is likely that "Policy Of Truth" and "Strangelove" were not included on this tape copy due to time constraints of the tape since this was copied using a 90-minute cassette.
Source 2 is more complete as described earlier, but sounds significantly worse as there seems to be harsh noise reduction applied to the recording, resulting in an unenjoyable listen. Source 2 also plays too fast, whereas this recording plays at the correct speed.
Many thanks to James K. for providing this cassette for archival.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [3:23] Play Kaleid
- [5:20] Play World In My Eyes
- [4:43] Play Halo
- [5:19] Play Shake The Disease
- [6:08] Play Everything Counts
- [4:01] Play Master And Servant
- [7:00] Play Never Let Me Down Again
- [5:50] Play Waiting For The Night
- [4:28] Play Here Is The House (*)
- [4:08] Play Little 15 (*)
- [8:00] Play Enjoy The Silence
- [6:16] Play Personal Jesus
- [4:47] Play Black Celebration
- [4:21] Play A Question Of Time
- [5:28] Play Behind The Wheel
- [4:50] Play Route 66
- Total time: 1:24:02
- unknown taper and equipment -> low-generation Maxell XLII-S high position cassettes, 1985 - 1986 US stock -> Nakamichi MR-1 professional discrete head cassette deck (playback azimuth and pitch optimized) -> Mogami 2534 XLR to TRS cables -> Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen USB audio interface -> WAV (32/88.2) -> recorded in Audacity 3.2.3 using WASAPI input; stereo channel phase alignment, normalized to -0.1dB and any DC offset removed, track splits -> WAV (32/88.2) tracks -> downsampled to FLAC level 8 (16/44) using foobar2000 v1.6.14, FLAC 1.4.2 64-bit, and foobar2000's Resampler (RetroArch) component at "Highest" quality, dithering enabled
- Generation: low-gen
- Transfer: DMLiveWiki on January 8, 2023
- Cassette tape photo & auCDTectTaskManager log included
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1KHz - 539.92MB