1997-05-16 Shrine Exposition Hall, Los Angeles, CA, USA/Source 1
Raw soundboard audio, sourced from pro-shot footage of the second of two "Ultra Parties". The audio is great quality and lossless; it may sound a little duller than previously available copies, but those received EQ and other tweaks, whereas this is the raw audio, unmodified other than normalization.
This is the MTV copy which doesn't have the edit during Home that the E! broadcast does; all that's missing is a bit of audio following the end of the last song where Dave says "I guess we'll see you next time, thanks for coming, good night".
33 seconds of pre-show audio is included. The first 19 seconds of it on the video has no audio (not sure why), so it was trimmed from this audio.
Thanks to RyanJ for digitally transferring the MiniDV tape.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [0:33] Play Preshow
- [1:18] Play Uselink
- [5:56] Play Barrel Of A Gun
- [5:24] Play Useless
- [4:15] Play It's No Good
- [5:58] Play Home (*)
- [6:01] Play Never Let Me Down Again
- Total time: 29:24
- NTSC 3/4" beta tape (unconfirmed; inference from snippets from https://vimeo.com/album/2278330) -> MiniDV tape -> Sony HVR-M15AU deck -> FireWire -> Adobe Premiere Pro -> RAW MOV file -> in Audacity: audio normalized to -0.1dB and any DC offset removed -> WAV (16/48) -> FLAC level 8 (16/48)
- Taper: MTV
- Generation: first
- Transfer: RyanJ (ninlive.com)
- Audio specifications: FLAC 16-bit 48khz
- auCDTectTaskManager log included
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 48KHz - 160.47MB