2013-09-15 BB&T Center, Sunrise, FL, USA/Source 1
Some moderate equalization and normalization made my mediocre first taping attempt much more listenable - I should've taken the effort to do this in the first place! It's still quite echoey at times, I can't do anything about that, but at least it's not a muddy, quiet mess anymore. A Question Of Time and forward don't sound as consistent as the first half of the recording for some reason - probably because I kept having to stand up to let people pass and that disrupted the mic positioning, plus I didn't stand for the entire recording which would have helped tremendously for the quality of the recording. You can hear an example of how big of a difference it made when I simply stood up and sat down during A Pain That I'm Used To - compare the beginning of the track to when I stand at 1:43, then after I sit down; it gets much clearer when I stand for those few seconds, and gets muddier when I sit back down. Bass is still somewhat overpowering for Enjoy The Silence through the remainder of the recording (with the exception of Home of course). I felt that further EQ for those tracks would make the bass too weak, however. I wish I could say I had better luck the next time I tried taping (Nine Inch Nails 2013-10-30 Sunrise), but I got busted with my taping gear because I'm an idiot; it's a long story which I don't care to recount.
Many thanks to JLW for lending me his CA-11 mics, and to everybody else who provided taping advice.
Both 16-bit, 44.1kHz and high-resolution 24-bit, 96kHz versions are available to download below.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [1:50] Play DJ Set
- [6:43] Play Welcome To My World
- [4:32] Play Angel
- [6:43] Play Walking In My Shoes
- [5:05] Play Precious
- [4:38] Play Black Celebration
- [5:31] Play Policy Of Truth
- [5:43] Play Should Be Higher
- [6:10] Play Barrel Of A Gun
- [4:26] Play The Child Inside (*)
- [6:42] Play But Not Tonight (*)
- [4:12] Play Heaven
- [7:19] Play Soothe My Soul
- [4:27] Play A Pain That I'm Used To
- [4:25] Play A Question Of Time
- [7:18] Play Enjoy The Silence
- [11:02] Play Personal Jesus
- [6:31] Play Home (*)
- [4:53] Play Halo
- [5:22] Play Just Can't Get Enough
- [6:49] Play I Feel You
- [6:42] Play Never Let Me Down Again
- Total time: 2:07:01
- Complete audience recording
- Church Audio CA-11 cardioid mics (mounted on eyeglasses) -> Tascam DR-2d (24/96, mic-in w/ plug-in power, low gain, input level at 70 of 100) -> Sandisk 16GB SD card -> USB -> in Adobe Audition CC: automatic phase correction (most accurate settings), several excessively loud peaks quieted, equalization, normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias removed -> WAV (32/96) -> tracked using cuesheet -> FLAC level 8 (16/44) using foobar2000 v1.3 and its Resampler (SoX) at best quality, and FLAC 1.3.0 64-bit
- Taper: DMLiveWiki
- Location: Section 410, Row 11, Seat 20
- auCDtectTaskManager log, taping location photo, and seating chart included