1982-02-16 University, Exeter, England, UK/Source 1
A good audience recording. There are backing tape issues during Shout and Dave starts too late.
This source sounds clearer than my previous lossless version, plus it's a complete recording (the other source had The Meaning Of Love fade-in with some music missing and was missing I Like It in its entirety). There is a fade between Ice Machine and New Life but no music is lost. There is another fade between Dreaming Of Me and I Like It but again no music is lost. Some audience noise is missing after "Photographic" compared to the other lossless recording, but I don't think anybody will complain about that.
This recording was spread across two tapes; Just Can't Get Enough and forward is a little noisier than the rest of the recording, but it isn't too bad in my opinion. Only the first tape and I Like It from the second tape required speed correction.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [4:48] Play Shout
- [2:16] Play I Sometimes Wish I Was Dead
- [2:47] Play Boys Say Go!
- [3:30] Play Puppets
- [4:12] Play See You
- [4:07] Play Big Muff
- [3:18] Play Now, This Is Fun
- [3:49] Play Ice Machine
- [4:01] Play New Life
- [3:07] Play Tora! Tora! Tora!
- [3:07] Play The Meaning Of Love
- [3:47] Play Just Can't Get Enough
- [3:12] Play What's Your Name?
- [3:32] Play Photographic
- [4:03] Play Dreaming Of Me
- [2:11] Play I Like It
- Total time: 55:46
- Lineage: unknown taper and equipment -> unknown generation -> Sony HF90 cassettes -> Sony TC-WE805S (no Dolby setting) -> RCA to 3.5mm cable -> TASCAM DR-2D (line in @ 80 percent, 24/48) -> 16GB SD card -> USB -> normalized to -1.0dB and any DC offset removed, sped up 2.0% using Audacity 2.0.4 -> WAV (24/48) -> FLAC level 8 (16/44) using foobar2000 v1.2.9, FLAC 1.3.0 64-bit, and Resampler (SoX), best quality
- Generation: unknown
- Transfer: ligushka
- Cassette tape photos and auCDtectTaskManager log included