containing live recordings, interviews, or demos? Please see Contributing, or e-mail us.
To discuss Depeche Mode with other fans, please consider joining the official Depeche Mode Discord server or independent fan server Discord for the Masses.
To coordinate site work, we recommend the Depeche Mode Live Editor Discord group.
1988-02-12 Johanneshov Isstadion, Stockholm, Sweden/Source 2
A good audience recording of the soundcheck before the concert. I'm not sure whether it is a complete recording or not as it cuts out abruptly after Pipeline seems to be over. It is rather hissy, but definitely listenable. I just happened to find this recording on the B-side of a tape that contains the FM radio broadcast of 1981-09-29 Paris (of which a stellar sounding pre-FM recording is available here: 1981-09-29 Les Bains Douches, Paris, France/Source 1) and it turns out this tape is the overall best sounding copy I've heard. Other than adjusting pitch control on the deck to match the official '101' recording's speed and normalizing it to -0.1dB, I made no further adjustments to the audio.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [2:40] Play Behind The Wheel
- [2:47] Play Strangelove
- [6:16] Play Behind The Wheel
- [5:15] Play Pipeline (*)
- Total time: 16:57
- Sony WM-D3 cassette recorder + PC-62 microphones -> unknown generation Maxell XL II 90 high position tape, 1986-1987 stock -> Nakamichi BX-300 cassette deck (pitch adjusted for tape) -> Monoprice heavy-duty RCA to 3.5mm cable -> ASUS Xonar DX sound card -> in Adobe Audition CC 2015: normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias removed -> WAV (32/96) -> tracked using Audacity 2.1.1 -> WAV (32/96) tracks -> FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz using FLAC 1.3.1 64-bit (level 8 compression) and foobar2000 v1.3.8 with its Resampler (SoX) component v0.8.3 (best quality), dithering enabled
- Taper: S.S.
- Transfer: DMLiveWiki
- Cassette tape photo and auCDtectTaskManager log included
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz - 102MB