containing live recordings, interviews, or demos? Please see Contributing, or e-mail us.
To discuss Depeche Mode with other fans, please consider joining the official Depeche Mode Discord server or independent fan server Discord for the Masses.
To coordinate site work, we recommend the Depeche Mode Live Editor Discord group.
1990-09-06 Kobe World Kinen Hall, Kobe, Japan/Source 1
A decent audience recording. This is a very noisy tape. There was a very loud ringing noise throughout the recording. I was able to remove this by removing all frequencies above 7600hz (there was nothing but noise there anyway; this also explains Audiochecker's false positives claiming some tracks as MPEG sourced), but there was not much else I could do about the remaining noise. Policy Of Truth has some missing segments.
Note that a higher generation, but less noisy version of this recording is available as Source 2. It is missing the last two tracks of the recording.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [3:21] Play Kaleid
- [5:12] Play World In My Eyes
- [4:35] Play Halo
- [5:11] Play Shake The Disease
- [6:00] Play Everything Counts
- [3:56] Play Master And Servant
- [6:51] Play Never Let Me Down Again
- [5:47] Play Waiting For The Night
- [3:05] Play I Want You Now (*)
- [3:05] Play World Full Of Nothing (*)
- [5:36] Play Clean
- [6:24] Play Stripped
- [4:18] Play Policy Of Truth
- [7:30] Play Enjoy The Silence
- [4:51] Play Strangelove
- [6:06] Play Personal Jesus
- [4:40] Play Black Celebration
- [4:54] Play A Question Of Time
- [5:13] Play Behind The Wheel
- [5:06] Play Route 66
- Total time: 1:41:40
- unknown taper and equipment -> unknown generation -> TDK MA110 cassette -> Sony TC-WE805S tape deck (no Dolby setting) -> RCA to 3.5mm cable -> TASCAM DR-2D (line in @ 80 percent, 24/48) -> 2GB SD card -> USB -> frequencies above 7600hz removed, slowed down 3.0%, normalized to -1.0dB and any DC bias removed using Audacity 2.0.3 -> WAV (24/48) -> FLAC level 8 (16/44) using foobar2000 v1.2.9, FLAC 1.3.0 64-bit, and Resampler (SoX), best quality
- Generation: 2nd gen
- Transfer: DMLiveWiki
- Cassette tape photos and Audiochecker log included
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1KHz - 417MB