1981-09-29 Les Bains Douches, Paris, France/Source 2
A superb sounding FM radio broadcast recording. There's a little bit of interference from time to time. Soundstage is excellent, with better channel separation, frequency response, less wow & flutter, and more consistent playback speed than the first-generation cassette copy (Source 3). Vocals are rather buried in the mix for most songs.
The DJ, Bernard Lenoir, is extremely talkative between tracks and often speaks over the beginnings or endings of songs. The taper physically paused recording during much of this chatter, but unfortunately some music is lost as a result (for example, the ending of Ice Machine). Due to the missing audio, the previous first-generation cassette copy still remains on the wiki at Source 3 for completeness sake, though it is a mono recording and does not have this version’s exceptional sound quality and stereo mixing.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [3:11] Play Any Second Now
- [3:26] Play Photographic
- [2:55] Play Nodisco
- [4:10] Play New Life
- [3:34] Play Puppets
- [3:19] Play Ice Machine
- [3:50] Play Big Muff
- [2:09] Play I Sometimes Wish I Was Dead
- [3:06] Play Tora! Tora! Tora!
- [3:44] Play Just Can't Get Enough
- [2:39] Play Boys Say Go!
- [2:49] Play What's Your Name?
- [3:15] Play Television Set
- Total time: 42:07
- France Inter "Feedback" FM radio broadcast with DJ Bernard Lenoir -> unknown FM tuner -> Akai reel to reel -> playback on same Akai R2R -> Zoom H4 -> SD Card -> PC -> Audacity (volume adjustments, fades, tracks) -> FLAC level 8
- Taper: letsgo
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1KHz - 252.94MB