1982-04-02 Théâtre Le Palace, Paris, France/Source 1
A decent audience recording - nothing special. There's some distortion overall. The previous version of this recording had very destructive noise reduction applied to it, resulting in audible artifacts and making the recording's distortion sound even worse. This version has no noise reduction applied at all. It does sound a bit more muffled than the previous version, but I'd rather listen to smooth tape hiss versus horrible noise reduction artifacts. The second half of the recording (Tora! Tora! Tora! on) is a fair amount clearer than the first half for some reason.
The beginning of Shout is missing, and Tora! Tora! Tora! is missing the first 20 seconds of the song, probably due to tape flip. This concert was most likely the last time both I Like It and Television Set were performed live; based on the only available recording from the US leg of the 1982 See You Tour, those tracks were not played on that leg.
Dave is very vocal with the audience, announcing the name of almost every track before it starts. He jokes that Dreaming Of Me is "brand new" before announcing the name of the song.
Many thanks to Markus for supplying this cassette.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [3:20] Play Shout
- [2:18] Play I Sometimes Wish I Was Dead
- [2:41] Play Boys Say Go!
- [3:35] Play Puppets
- [4:13] Play See You
- [4:11] Play Big Muff
- [3:17] Play Now, This Is Fun
- [3:52] Play Ice Machine
- [4:00] Play New Life
- [2:46] Play Tora! Tora! Tora!
- [3:14] Play The Meaning Of Love
- [3:44] Play Just Can't Get Enough
- [3:07] Play What's Your Name?
- [3:31] Play Photographic
- [3:58] Play Dreaming Of Me
- [2:26] Play I Like It
- [3:27] Play Television Set
- Total time: 57:40
- Incomplete audience recording
- unknown taper and equipment -> unknown generation TDK SA60 high position cassette, 1990-1991 European stock -> Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck, serviced and upgraded (details) -> Blue Jeans Cable LC-1 8-foot RCA cable -> Creative Sound Blaster ZxR (RCA Line In) -> Adobe Audition CC 2015.0 (32-bit / 88.2 khz) -> slowed down 3.5%, normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias removed, duplicated section at beginning of New Life deleted -> WAV (32/88.2) -> tracked using Audacity 2.1.2 -> WAV (32/88.2) tracks -> FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz using FLAC 1.3.1 64-bit (level 8 compression) and foobar2000 v1.3.10 with its Resampler (SoX) component v0.8.3 (best quality), dithering enabled
- Transfer: DMLiveWiki
- Cassette tape photo and auCDtectTaskManager log included
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1KHz - 330.29MB