1984-12-09 Alsterdorf Sporthalle, Hamburg, Germany/Source 2
WLIR 92.7 FM in Garden City, NY, USA broadcast some of this concert on Tuesday, March 19, 1985 at 21:00 during their "Tuesday Night Radio Concerts" program. The music was presented by radio host "Larry The Duck" and concluded by Malibu Sue, and both announcers claim the show as having been recorded live specifically for WLIR 92.7 FM, however this is not the case as other radio stations had access to this audio, such as WXXP FM in Pennsylvania. This radio broadcast is the only source for the track Ice Machine from this concert, which has not yet appeared on any official video or audio release.
Unfortunately, this specific recording was encoded as 128kbps AAC after being transferred from an unknown generation cassette. Sound quality is very good, although a bit marred by the lossiness and with rather constant hiss throughout. See You is also incomplete, probably due to a tape flip halfway throughout the song.
Please note a superior sounding and complete pre-FM reel copy of this recording is available as Source 1. This version is retained for completeness' sake, since this version has radio hosts' intros and outros.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [0:27] Play Larry The Duck Radio Intro
- [0:58] Play Intro
- [4:13] Play People Are People
- [4:54] Play Leave In Silence
- [4:18] Play New Life
- [5:03] Play Somebody (*)
- [3:48] Play Ice Machine
- [5:24] Play Blasphemous Rumours
- [4:47] Play Told You So
- [5:23] Play Master And Servant
- [5:35] Play Everything Counts
- [3:57] Play See You
- [4:57] Play Just Can't Get Enough
- [1:09] Play Malibu Sue Radio Outro
- Total time: 54:52
- unknown equipment -> master cassette -> unknown generation -> unknown transfer -> AAC / LC 128kbps 44.1khz -> in Audacity 2.0.5: slowed down 3.5% -> WAV -> in Adobe Audition CC: automatic phase correction (most accurate settings), normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias removed -> FLAC level 8
- Taper: Marv
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1KHz - 371.91MB