1986-06-24 St. Paul Civic Center, St. Paul, MN, USA/Source 1
A superb audience recording, easily one of the best from this tour. Christmas Island is missing the first couple minutes, but otherwise this is a complete recording.
Revision A notes: 2023 retransfer on a high-end Nakamichi cassette deck. High-frequency response is extended, playback speed is correct, there is less hiss, and general clarity of the recording is improved. The track splits are also better placed than the prior version. Though this revision is not a humungous upgrade, this recording is so good that it deserves a high-end transfer to extract as much detail as possible from it.
Note from the prior version's original info file:
Back in 1995 I bought these master tapes from guy selling his collection advertised in Goldmine. His name was Dan Halvorson and he recorded the show with a D5 and PZM Mic.
Many thanks to James K. for providing these cassettes for archival.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [1:08] Play Christmas Island
- [5:57] Play Black Celebration
- [4:16] Play A Question Of Time
- [5:48] Play Fly On The Windscreen
- [5:02] Play Shake The Disease
- [5:02] Play Leave In Silence
- [5:23] Play It's Called A Heart
- [5:30] Play Everything Counts
- [2:56] Play It Doesn't Matter Two (*)
- [4:11] Play A Question Of Lust (*)
- [5:26] Play Blasphemous Rumours
- [3:49] Play New Dress
- [6:26] Play Stripped
- [3:52] Play Something To Do
- [5:22] Play Master And Servant
- [4:09] Play Photographic
- [5:22] Play People Are People
- [4:04] Play Boys Say Go!
- [4:06] Play Just Can't Get Enough
- [5:11] Play More Than A Party
- Total time: 1:33:00
- Sony TC-D5 cassette recorder + unknown model PZM (pressure zone) microphone -> 2x TDK SA 90 high position cassettes, 1985 - 1986 US stock -> Nakamichi MR-1 professional discrete head cassette deck (playback azimuth optimized) -> Mogami 2534 XLR to TRS cables -> Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen USB audio interface -> WAV (32/88.2) -> recorded in Audacity 3.2.3 using WASAPI input; waveform inverted, three loud mic bumps limited, channels normalized to -0.1dB and any DC offset removed, track splits -> WAV (32/88.2) tracks -> downsampled to FLAC level 8 (16/44) using foobar2000 v1.6.14, FLAC 1.4.2 64-bit, and foobar2000's Resampler (RetroArch) component at "Highest" quality, dithering enabled
- Generation: master
- Taper: Dan Halvorson
- Transfer: DMLiveWiki on January 2, 2023
- Cassette tape photo & auCDTectTaskManager log included
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1KHz - 627.64MB