containing live recordings, interviews, or demos? Please see Contributing, or e-mail us.
To discuss Depeche Mode with other fans, please consider joining the official Depeche Mode Discord server or independent fan server Discord for the Masses.
To coordinate site work, we recommend the Depeche Mode Live Editor Discord group.
1988-05-20 Poplar Creek Music Fest, Chicago, IL, USA/Source 1
A decent audience recording. A fair amount of distortion and hiss is present and the treble is shrill. Pimpf, Behind The Wheel, Somebody, The Things You Said, and Black Celebration were missing on this source so I used the previous source (which seems to be mono, by the way) to complete this recording. The taper's recorder must have been having issues because there are rather frequent dropouts and static noise throughout the recording, especially during Somebody and The Things You Said. Martin says something before A Question Of Lust, but I have no clue what he says... something about "showbiz until the end of the show"?
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [0:36] Play Pimpf
- [5:53] Play Behind The Wheel
- [4:54] Play Strangelove
- [5:15] Play Sacred
- [3:56] Play Something To Do
- [5:10] Play Blasphemous Rumours
- [6:32] Play Stripped
- [4:17] Play Somebody (*)
- [4:04] Play The Things You Said (*)
- [4:43] Play Black Celebration
- [5:12] Play Shake The Disease
- [4:36] Play Nothing
- [4:38] Play Pleasure, Little Treasure
- [4:14] Play Master And Servant
- [4:11] Play A Question Of Time
- [7:09] Play Never Let Me Down Again
- [4:10] Play A Question Of Lust (*)
- [4:26] Play Just Can't Get Enough
- [5:58] Play Everything Counts
- Total time: 1:29:52
- unknown taper and equipment -> low generation (?) cassette tapes -> Nakamichi CR-4E cassette deck -> Sony PCM-M10 (24-bit/48khz) -> WAV (24/48) -> in Adobe Audition CC 2014.1: automatic phase correction (auto align channels, auto center panning, all settings set to most accurate possible), sped up 2% ~ 5%, "Everything Counts" sped up 2.5%, manual click removal for first two tracks, normalized to -0.1dB -> WAV (24/48) -> tracked using Audacity 2.0.6 -> WAV (24/48) tracks -> FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz using FLAC 1.3.0 64-bit (level 8 compression) and foobar2000 v1.3.5 with its Resampler (SoX) component v0.8.3 (best quality)
- Transfer: fallenqueen
- auCDtectTaskManager log included
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz - 546MB