1993-06-26 Halle Tony Garnier, Lyon, France/Source 1
An okay audience recording. Bass is distorted / saturated and the hiss is fairly loud. Other than the first second or so of Death's Door being glitchy, this recording seems to be complete - excessively so, in fact, since there is 10 minutes of postshow audience noise at the end of the second tape!
This is a new source and does not seem to be video sourced like the other two lossless recordings I have from this concert (one of which looks lossy based on its spectrogram, despite being PCM on the DVD). I've also got an MP3 112kbps copy that is very hissy, but is the best recording out of all of them (including this torrent's recording). None of them sound particularly great, though, and all seem to be more or less average recordings.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [8:03] Play Higher Love
- [5:01] Play Policy Of Truth
- [6:12] Play World In My Eyes
- [6:45] Play Walking In My Shoes
- [5:50] Play Behind The Wheel
- [4:38] Play Halo
- [5:25] Play Stripped
- [3:57] Play Condemnation
- [4:53] Play Judas (*)
- [2:52] Play Death's Door (*)
- [4:28] Play Mercy In You
- [7:11] Play I Feel You
- [4:58] Play Never Let Me Down Again
- [4:36] Play Rush
- [7:03] Play In Your Room
- [5:49] Play Personal Jesus
- [10:43] Play Enjoy The Silence
- [5:18] Play Fly On The Windscreen
- [5:25] Play Everything Counts
- [9:49] Play Postshow
- Total time: 1:58:58
- Complete audience recording
- Lineage: unknown taper and equipment -> unknown generation -> 2x Philips FS 60 normal position cassettes, 1990 - 1993 stock -> Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1 (fresh belts, upgraded capstan motor, playback amplifier capacitors replaced, tape wound & rewound before transferring, azimuth optimized) -> Monoprice heavy-duty RCA to 3.5mm cable -> ASUS Xonar DX sound card -> Adobe Audition CC 2014.2 (32-bit / 96 khz) -> automatic phase correction (auto align channels, auto center panning, all settings set to most accurate possible), hard limited loud claps, normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias removed -> WAV (32/96) -> tracked using Audacity 2.1.0 -> WAV (32/96) tracks -> FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz using FLAC 1.3.1 64-bit (level 8 compression) and foobar2000 v1.3.8 with its Resampler (SoX) component v0.8.3 (best quality) + dithering
- Transfer: DMLiveWiki
- Cassette tape photos and auCDtectTaskManager log included
- Many thanks to Prodigy75 and Vince for supplying these tapes.
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz - 727MB