2005-12-11 KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas, Gibson Amphitheatre, Universal City, CA, USA/Source 2
A good audience recording. Bass is slightly distorted depending on the song, and Dave's vocals can be a bit distorted as well.
The first three tracks are performed in a somewhat stripped down, acoustic format, similar to several other tracks performed during DM's last performance at KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas in 1998. Peter Gordeno plays bass during Personal Jesus and Walking In My Shoes.
There are backing tape issues encountered at the start of I Feel You, and the song was restarted after a couple moments. This concert had the first performance of Shake The Disease by Depeche Mode since 1990, although Martin played it on his 2003 solo tour, also in an acoustic format.
Coldplay performed immediately preceding Depeche Mode, and 7 minutes 30 seconds of Coldplay's performance, including their final song "Fix You", are included on this recording. Chris Martin of Coldplay said prior to their last song, "Please enjoy Depeche Mode and give them the respect they deserve as one of the forefathers of modern times".
A pre-FM recording from this concert can be found at Source 1.
Thanks to Ryan for ripping & sharing this recording with me.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [7:29] Play Preshow (Coldplay)
- [0:40] Play Intro
- [4:53] Play Personal Jesus
- [5:13] Play Walking In My Shoes
- [5:29] Play Precious
- [4:59] Play I Want It All
- [5:11] Play A Question Of Lust (*)
- [5:09] Play The Sinner In Me
- [3:06] Play I Feel You (technical issues)
- [7:16] Play I Feel You
- [3:35] Play John The Revelator
- [5:19] Play Behind The Wheel
- [8:41] Play Enjoy The Silence
- [5:00] Play Shake The Disease (*)
- [7:10] Play Never Let Me Down Again
- Total time: 1:19:10
- Sonic Studios DSM-6/L mics -> Sony PCM-M1 DAT w/MOD-2 -> CD-R -> XLD
- Taper: Hugo
- Generation: Master
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1KHz - 438.03MB