Difference between revisions of "1982-02-16 University, Exeter, England, UK/Source 1"
(point streams to new server)
(change torrent downloads to direct downloads)
|Line 41:||Line 41:|
== Download ==
== Download ==
*[https://..//dm1982-02-16.aud.unknown.low-gen.flac1644.Download ] - FLAC 16-bit 44.1KHz - 336.79MB
Latest revision as of 19:40, 19 March 2019
This is a significantly better sounding source than the previously available one. It does have fairly loud hiss, but so did the previous source. It also has a couple flaws: the quality degrades somewhat for the left channel of Boys Say Go!, Puppets, and the beginning of See You. I've amplified the left channel of Puppets since the issue was very noticeable with that track. This recording played quite fast, but I believe the speed is very close to being accurate now after speed correction. Note that the previous source included "I Like It" as the final track; this new tape copy does not have it on the tape. I've determined that "I Like It" on the previous source is actually the performance of that track from 1982-03-26 Berlin. I am not sure whether "I Like It" was played during this concert.
Many thanks to Markus for providing this tape.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [4:48] Play Shout
- [2:15] Play I Sometimes Wish I Was Dead
- [2:46] Play Boys Say Go!
- [3:36] Play Puppets
- [4:08] Play See You
- [4:09] Play Big Muff
- [3:17] Play Now, This Is Fun
- [3:48] Play Ice Machine
- [4:03] Play New Life
- [3:09] Play Tora! Tora! Tora!
- [3:10] Play The Meaning Of Love
- [3:46] Play Just Can't Get Enough
- [3:18] Play What's Your Name?
- [4:07] Play Photographic
- [3:54] Play Dreaming Of Me
- Total time: 54:12
- Complete audience recording
- unknown taper and equipment -> low generation TDK SA60 high position cassette, 1985-1987 European stock -> Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck, serviced and upgraded (details) -> Blue Jeans Cable LC-1 8-foot RCA cable -> Creative Sound Blaster ZxR (RCA Line In) -> Adobe Audition CC 2015 (32-bit / 88.2 khz) -> slowed down 7.0%, normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias removed, left channel of Puppets amplfied by 3.0dB, hard-limited mic bump, auto-healed some loud clicks during Big Muff -> WAV (32/88.2) -> tracked using Audacity 2.1.2 -> WAV (32/88.2) tracks -> FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz using FLAC 1.3.1 64-bit (level 8 compression) and foobar2000 v1.3.10 with its Resampler (SoX) component v0.8.3 (best quality), dithering enabled
- Transfer: DMLiveWiki
- Cassette tape photo and auCDtectTaskManager log included
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1KHz - 336.79MB