containing live recordings, interviews, or demos? Please see Contributing, or e-mail us.
To discuss Depeche Mode with other fans, please consider joining the official Depeche Mode Discord server or independent fan server Discord for the Masses.
To coordinate site work, we recommend the Depeche Mode Live Editor Discord group.
1986-04-10 N.E.C., Birmingham, England, UK/Source 1
A very good sounding FM broadcast. Black Celebration, A Question Of Time, It's Called A Heart, and Master And Servant from the "Rated PG" bootleg were used to replace the ones on the tape as those tracks are sourced from the master tape of this FM broadcast recording. electropop was kind enough to supply a good sounding source of Shake The Disease (which is likely from a separate broadcast), so I slotted that in as it would appear in the set list, after A Question Of Time.
In June 2016, a first generation cassette containing a very good copy of Shake The Disease became available. It is considered Source 2.
Some tracks have small cuts or fades at the beginning, but this seems to be how the audio was broadcast as Source 2 has the same small flaws.
2015 REVISION A NOTES: Sped up the "Rated PG" bootleg sourced tracks (Black Celebration, A Question Of Time, It's Called A Heart, and Master And Servant) by 2.0%. Somehow the speed was too slow on the first revision of this rework - my apologies for the inconvenience. If you downloaded this recording before, I suggest redownloading it so you have the best listening experience.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [5:03] Play Black Celebration
- [4:20] Play A Question Of Time
- [5:04] Play Shake The Disease
- [5:33] Play It's Called A Heart
- [5:36] Play Everything Counts
- [2:50] Play It Doesn't Matter Two (*)
- [4:35] Play A Question Of Lust (*)
- [5:31] Play Blasphemous Rumours
- [6:32] Play Stripped
- [3:54] Play Something To Do
- [5:20] Play Master And Servant
- [4:37] Play People Are People
- [1:42] Play Outro
- Total time: 1:00:14
- Complete FM broadcast (incomplete concert recording)
- Lineage: Japanese radio NHK FM broadcast (August 7, 1987 between Midnight and 01:00 AM) -> Sony tuner/deck -> Sony HF-ES60 Type I cassette -> Unknown first generation cassette -> Maxell XLII-S 60 high position cassette -> Sony TC-WE805S cassette deck, azimuth optimized -> Monoprice heavy-duty RCA to 3.5mm cable -> ASUS Xonar DX sound card -> Adobe Audition CS6 (32-bit / 96 khz) -> "Rated PG" tracks & Shake The Disease from alternate source merged in, automatic phase correction (auto align channels, auto center panning, all settings set to most accurate possible), normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias removed, further remastering by Vince DOME -> tracked using Audacity 2.0.6 -> WAV (16/44) tracks -> FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz using FLAC 1.3.0 64-bit (level 8 compression) and foobar2000 v1.3.5
- Generation: 2nd
- Original taper: Mototaka F.
- Transfer: DMLiveWiki
- Cassette tape photos and auCDTectTaskManager log included
- Many thanks to darkdevoted for lending me the second generation tape.
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz - 391MB