1986-05-22 Westfalenhalle, Dortmund, Germany/Source 1
A good audience recording. Unfortunately, bass is quite overpowering and often very distorted as well. There's basically no good way to fix distortion that I know of, so I did not attempt any equalization or filters to attempt to mitigate the distortion; in my opinion, it wouldn't have helped much anyway. I did my best to join the sides as seamlessly as possible for the best listening experience, but keep in mind that it's not perfect - you may still notice the side changes between some tracks. Christmas Island is missing the beginning, Fly On The Windscreen is missing a segment towards the end, and It Doesn't Matter Two and People Are People seem to be missing the first few seconds, but otherwise this is a complete recording as far as I know.
I have previously uploaded a transfer of this vinyl bootleg to DIME (with unknown lineage), but it seems to have been transferred at too high of a recording level, resulting in digital clipping and even more distortion on top of the already distorted bass. This transfer retains the dynamic range of the vinyl. Two different cassette copies of this vinyl set have also circulated in the past, but this torrent's version can be considered the definitive best version for this specific recording as it is sourced directly from the vinyl with known lineage, transferred on high-end equipment. Many thanks to darkdevoted for transferring his mint vinyl set for me in high-resolution format.
A first-generation cassette source of Elly Apfel's very good audience recording from this concert is also available. It is slightly incomplete, missing small segments of Christmas Island, Black Celebration, and More Than A Party, plus about 12 seconds around the middle of "A Question Of Lust". This recording is my personal favorite from this concert as it does not have distorted bass and is the most balanced sounding recording out of the three available sources. You can stream and download it here: 1986-05-22 Westfalenhalle, Dortmund, Germany/Source 2
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [3:56] Play Christmas Island
- [5:56] Play Black Celebration
- [4:15] Play A Question Of Time
- [5:39] Play Fly On The Windscreen
- [5:02] Play Shake The Disease
- [5:01] Play Leave In Silence
- [5:24] Play It's Called A Heart
- [5:39] Play Everything Counts
- [2:55] Play It Doesn't Matter Two (*)
- [4:12] Play A Question Of Lust (*)
- [5:26] Play Blasphemous Rumours
- [3:49] Play New Dress
- [6:27] Play Stripped
- [3:51] Play Something To Do
- [5:18] Play Master And Servant
- [4:13] Play Photographic
- [4:41] Play People Are People
- [4:03] Play Boys Say Go!
- [4:04] Play Just Can't Get Enough
- [5:31] Play More Than A Party
- Total time: 1:35:21
- mint condition vinyl bootleg "A Question Of Time" (Space Age DM 220 586), consisting of two clear vinyl and one marbled clear/white vinyl (Discogs info) -> Technics SL-1200 MK2 with Audio Technica stylus -> Yamaha RX-V1300 RDS receiver -> Roland R-05 (24-bit 48khz WAV) -> in Adobe Audition CC 2015: sides combined, normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias removed -> WAV (24/48) -> tracked using Audacity 2.1.1 -> WAV (24/48) tracks -> FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz using FLAC 1.3.1 64-bit (level 8 compression) and foobar2000 v1.3.9 with its Resampler (SoX) component v0.8.3 (best quality), dithering enabled
- Transfer: darkdevoted
- auCDtectTaskManager log included
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz - 628MB