containing live recordings, interviews, or demos? Please see Contributing, or e-mail us.
To discuss Depeche Mode with other fans, please consider joining the official Depeche Mode Discord server or independent fan server Discord for the Masses.
To coordinate site work, we recommend the Depeche Mode Live Editor Discord group.
1986-05-22 Westfalenhalle, Dortmund, Germany/Source 2
A very good audience recording. Christmas Island is missing the very beginning and strangely the ending as well, Black Celebration is missing the very beginning, and A Question Of Lust is missing about 12 seconds in the middle of the song. More Than A Party is also missing several seconds from the beginning. This source is different than Source 1 available on the wiki as well as the bootleg LP of that same recording.
Many thanks to Falko for generously lending me a batch of five low-gen cassettes of Elly's recordings from the Black Celebration tour to transfer.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [3:55] Play Christmas Island
- [5:08] Play Black Celebration
- [4:20] Play A Question Of Time
- [5:54] Play Fly On The Windscreen
- [5:08] Play Shake The Disease
- [5:05] Play Leave In Silence
- [5:27] Play It's Called A Heart
- [5:48] Play Everything Counts
- [3:05] Play It Doesn't Matter Two (*)
- [4:05] Play A Question Of Lust (*)
- [5:31] Play Blasphemous Rumours
- [3:52] Play New Dress
- [6:31] Play Stripped
- [3:56] Play Something To Do
- [5:24] Play Master And Servant
- [4:12] Play Photographic
- [5:25] Play People Are People
- [5:50] Play Boys Say Go!
- [4:08] Play Just Can't Get Enough
- [5:11] Play More Than A Party
- Total time: 1:37:55
- Incomplete audience recording
- unknown recording device + mics -> unknown master cassette(s) -> unknown deck(s) used for copy -> first generation TDK SA100 high position cassette, 1990 - 1991 stock -> Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck, serviced and upgraded (details) -> Blue Jeans Cable LC-1 8-foot RCA cable -> Creative Sound Blaster ZxR (RCA Line In) -> Adobe Audition CC 2015 (32-bit / 88.2 khz) -> hard limited loud mic bumps, normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias removed -> WAV (32/88.2) -> tracked using Audacity 2.1.1 -> WAV (32/88.2) tracks -> FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz using FLAC 1.3.1 64-bit (level 8 compression) and foobar2000 v1.3.8 with its Resampler (SoX) component v0.8.3 (best quality), dithering enabled
- Generation: first
- Taper: Elly Apfel
- Transfer: DMLiveWiki
- Cassette tape photos, tape inlay scan, and auCDtectTaskManager log included
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1KHz - 614.50MB