1986-08-04 Arènes de Frejus, Fréjus, France/Source 2
A very good audience recording, but with a fairly loud crowd. There is some distortion at times. This is sourced from a second-generation tape and unlike Source 1, contains Christmas Island in its entirety. This seems to be a complete recording with no music lost at all.
Compared to Source 1, this second generation tape seems to have less distortion and less harsh treble (I'd guess that Source 1 had some equalization applied to it), along with better bass response. Source 1 is supposedly sourced from the master tapes, but ultimately it's up to you to pick which source sounds better to your ears.
Thanks to Falko for lending me the cassettes to transfer.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [4:12] Play Christmas Island
- [6:06] Play Black Celebration
- [4:20] Play A Question Of Time
- [5:55] Play Fly On The Windscreen
- [5:08] Play Shake The Disease
- [5:05] Play Leave In Silence
- [5:29] Play It's Called A Heart
- [6:00] Play Everything Counts
- [3:01] Play It Doesn't Matter Two (*)
- [4:12] Play A Question Of Lust (*)
- [5:30] Play Blasphemous Rumours
- [3:52] Play New Dress
- [6:33] Play Stripped
- [3:57] Play Something To Do
- [5:23] Play Master And Servant
- [4:15] Play Photographic
- [5:42] Play People Are People
- [5:47] Play Boys Say Go!
- [4:10] Play Just Can't Get Enough
- [5:57] Play More Than A Party
- Total time: 1:40:33
- Complete audience recording
- Sony cassette recorder (unknown model) + unknown mics -> second generation TDK SA60 high position cassettes, 1990 - 1991 stock -> Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck, serviced and upgraded (details) -> Blue Jeans Cable LC-1 8-foot RCA cable -> Creative Sound Blaster ZxR (RCA Line In) -> Adobe Audition CC 2015 (32-bit / 88.2 khz) -> sides joined seamlessly, normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias removed, AQOT and forward normalized to -0.1dB again to maintain consistent volume throughout the recording -> WAV (32/88.2) -> tracked using Audacity 2.1.2 -> WAV (32/88.2) tracks -> FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz using FLAC 1.3.1 64-bit (level 8 compression) and foobar2000 v1.3.10 with its Resampler (SoX) component v0.8.3 (best quality), dithering enabled
- Generation: second
- Transfer: DMLiveWiki
- Cassette tape photos, tape inlay scans, and auCDtectTaskManager log included
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1KHz - 634.43MB