containing live recordings, interviews, or demos? Please see Contributing, or e-mail us.
To discuss Depeche Mode with other fans, please consider joining the official Depeche Mode Discord server or independent fan server Discord for the Masses.
To coordinate site work, we recommend the Depeche Mode Live Editor Discord group.
1987-11-04 Grugahalle, Essen, Germany/Source 2
A very good audience recording. The first few seconds of Pimpf are missing, and Dave's "thank you" after Black Celebration is cut off due to tape flip, but otherwise no music is missing. Bass can be slightly distorted depending on the song. There are a few small glitches during the beginnings of Behind The Wheel and Strangelove.
Many thanks to Falko for generously lending me this tape to archive, CPR for bringing the tape to me, and to Elly Apfel for recording this concert.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [3:56] Play Pimpf
- [5:35] Play Behind The Wheel
- [5:00] Play Strangelove
- [5:12] Play Sacred
- [3:55] Play Something To Do
- [5:11] Play Blasphemous Rumours
- [6:26] Play Stripped
- [3:52] Play Pipeline (*)
- [4:25] Play The Things You Said (*)
- [4:36] Play Black Celebration
- [5:12] Play Shake The Disease
- [4:38] Play Nothing
- [4:36] Play Pleasure, Little Treasure
- [4:59] Play People Are People
- [4:15] Play A Question Of Time
- [7:00] Play Never Let Me Down Again
- [4:07] Play A Question Of Lust (*)
- [5:12] Play Master And Servant
- [7:05] Play Everything Counts
- Total time: 1:35:12
- Sony WM-D6C + unknown mics -> unknown master cassette(s) -> unknown deck(s) used for copy -> first generation TDK SA100 type II cassette tape, 1990 - 1991 stock -> Nakamichi MR-1 professional discrete head cassette deck (playback azimuth optimized, and playback speed adjusted using pitch control) -> Mogami 2534 XLR to TRS cables -> Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen USB audio interface -> WAV (32/88.2) -> recorded in Audacity 3.2.1 using WASAPI input; stereo channels phase aligned, limited some loud peaks, channels independently normalized to -0.1dB and any DC offset removed, track splits -> WAV (32/88.2) -> downsampled to FLAC level 8 (16/44) using foobar2000 v1.6.13, FLAC 1.4.1 64-bit, and foobar2000's Resampler (RetroArch) component at "Highest" quality, dithering enabled
- Generation: first
- Taper: Elly Apfel
- Transfer: DMLiveWiki on October 23, 2022
- Cassette tape photos, tape inlay scan, and auCDtectTaskManager log included
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1KHz - 660.82MB