containing live recordings, interviews, or demos? Please see Contributing, or e-mail us.
To discuss Depeche Mode with other fans, please consider joining the official Depeche Mode Discord server or independent fan server Discord for the Masses.
To coordinate site work, we recommend the Depeche Mode Live Editor Discord group.
1990-08-04 Dodgers Stadium, Los Angeles, CA, USA/Source 3
This would be a decent audience recording if it weren't for the fact that some time during this tape's generation, an incomplete erasure occurred and now you hear most of the basslines from the tracks off "Singles 81 > 85" primarily in the right channel. I could drop the right channel to mitigate this, but it's still audible in the left channel too so I just left the recording as-is. The previous content isn't as audible as the recording goes on; by the end of the tape, you don't hear it nearly as loudly.
"I Want You Now", "World Full Of Nothing", and "Clean" are missing, probably because the taper forgot to flip the tape or was constrained by a 90 minute tape. The beginning of "Black Celebration" and most of "Route 66" is missing as well, otherwise this is a complete recording as far as I can tell.
Do note that this is a different source than the bootleg vinyl LP sourced audience recording at Source 2, otherwise I would not have bothered sharing this recording.
Thanks to Emmett for lending this tape out for me to transfer. I've asked him to ask his friends to see if any of them might have an unaffected or lower generation copy, but unfortunately they all discarded their copies long ago.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [2:00] Play Preshow
- [3:17] Play Kaleid
- [5:17] Play World In My Eyes
- [4:41] Play Halo
- [5:18] Play Shake The Disease
- [6:05] Play Everything Counts
- [4:01] Play Master And Servant
- [7:00] Play Never Let Me Down Again
- [5:39] Play Waiting For The Night
- [6:35] Play Stripped
- [5:09] Play Policy Of Truth
- [7:55] Play Enjoy The Silence
- [5:01] Play Strangelove
- [5:57] Play Personal Jesus
- [4:47] Play Black Celebration
- [5:39] Play A Question Of Time
- [5:57] Play Behind The Wheel
- [0:35] Play Route 66
- Total time: 1:30:53
- unknown taper and equipment -> third generation tape -> Sony TC-WE805S -> RCA to 3.5mm cable -> Tascam DR-2d -> in Adobe Audition 2014: automatic phase correction (most accurate settings), hard limited tape glitches, slowed down 2.0%, "Black Celebration" and forward slowed down 8.0%, normalized to -0.1dB -> FLAC level 8
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1KHz - 553.18MB