containing live recordings, interviews, or demos? Please see Contributing, or e-mail us.
To discuss Depeche Mode with other fans, please consider joining the official Depeche Mode Discord server or independent fan server Discord for the Masses.
To coordinate site work, we recommend the Depeche Mode Live Editor Discord group.
2023-04-14 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY, USA/Source 1
An excellent sounding recording. This is an audience recording matrixed with an unspecified feed. Martin encountered guitar problems during the beginning of Condemnation and the song had to be restarted.
This matrix recording is used in RyanJ's audience-shot 4k video here:
Here are the uploader's notes:
Had a ticket for this and wasn't going to go. With the setlist being the same. But having my Quebec City flight cancelled and getting credit. I took it and made a last minute decision to go out and record this show. I also tried to run ALD like I did in 2017 but the quality was not as good as it was back then. A huge bummer. We were able to add a feed in to the Schoeps tape though. Seats were very close to the stage and would definitely get these seats again for the next time I see them. This was the BEST show of the tour I saw, by far. I was very fortunate to see 50% of the shows. Dave was really amped up for his hometown show. Again, the setlist was the same as the rest of the tour. Condemnation was restarted as Martin's guitar was going out. But other than that, it looks like Depeche is ready to head out on their tour to Europe. May head there for one show depending on if I can swing it. But I'll be back for the fall US tour. Enjoy.
I recorded his daughter's band for the opener, but I can't say there is much to write home about on it.
If you have unreleased Nine Inch Nails recordings, please visit me (Ryan) at NINLive.com.
If you have unreleased Rage Against the Machine recordings, please visit TJ at RATM.Live.
If you have unreleased Linkin Park recordings, please visit Mark at LPLive.net.
If you have unreleased Depeche Mode recordings, please visit Matt @ dmlive.wiki.
Many thanks to Ryan and Anonymous for taping and sharing.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [2:28] Play Intro
- [5:11] Play My Cosmos Is Mine
- [3:27] Play Wagging Tongue
- [6:52] Play Walking In My Shoes
- [5:07] Play It's No Good
- [5:50] Play Sister Of Night
- [5:05] Play In Your Room
- [6:40] Play Everything Counts
- [5:11] Play Precious
- [4:58] Play Speak To Me
- [4:23] Play A Question Of Lust (*)
- [4:40] Play Soul With Me (*)
- [4:16] Play Ghosts Again
- [5:02] Play I Feel You
- [4:28] Play A Pain That I'm Used To
- [5:15] Play World In My Eyes
- [4:11] Play Wrong
- [5:18] Play Stripped
- [3:53] Play John The Revelator
- [7:20] Play Enjoy The Silence
- [3:42] Play Encore Break
- [0:44] Play Condemnation (Restart)
- [3:44] Play Condemnation
- [5:05] Play Just Can't Get Enough
- [6:26] Play Never Let Me Down Again
- [7:58] Play Personal Jesus
- Total time: 2:07:14
- WAV -> Adobe Multitrack (normalize to -0.1db, de-click/de-clap, convert to 16/44) -> Fission (track splits) -> xACT -> FLAC -> re-encode with newer FLAC 1.4.2, level 8 compression
- Equipment (audience recording): Schoeps MK4s microphones + Actives -> BabyNbox -> Marantz PMD-620 (Oade Concert Mod)
- Taper: RyanJ (AUD) / Anonymous (feed)
- Generation: master
- Original info file, concert poster, and auCDtectTaskManager log included
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1KHz - 725.51MB