2009-10-17 Personal Fest, Buenos Aires, Argentina/Source 3
A very good sounding FM radio broadcast. There is the occasional FM interference, very small dropouts sometimes causing noticeable glitches between tracks, slight momentarily quality degradations from signal loss, etc, but overall it's a pretty consistent and good sounding radio broadcast. About a second or so during the intro of In Your Room is affected by static noise and a second or two of Never Let Me Down Again is missing due to a dropout, but otherwise this is a complete recording of the broadcast.
Unfortunately, the announcer talks frequently at the beginnings of songs, usually mentioning the song title. There are also occasional radio station watermarks. Only the first three tracks were permitted to be aired as is common with press broadcasts, however, that is not what ensued. I am told that the mixing desk did not switch off the broadcast feed after the first three tracks and the announcer just went with it; he was at the venue and even announced that he was hidden behind the desk with the light turned off. He states several times that the broadcast is illegal and that they were broadcasting without the knowledge of the sound crew. At the beginning of Behind The Wheel, he was discovered and had to end the broadcast - but he sure got a lot more than he expected!
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [8:06] Play In Chains
- [3:45] Play Wrong
- [4:09] Play Hole To Feed
- [6:22] Play Walking In My Shoes
- [5:00] Play It's No Good
- [4:39] Play A Question Of Time
- [4:46] Play Precious
- [5:40] Play Fly On The Windscreen
- [4:55] Play Jezebel (*)
- [5:31] Play Home (*)
- [4:21] Play Miles Away / The Truth Is
- [5:07] Play Policy Of Truth
- [5:22] Play In Your Room
- [5:55] Play I Feel You
- [7:10] Play Enjoy The Silence
- [9:28] Play Never Let Me Down Again
- [4:59] Play Somebody (*)
- [5:00] Play Stripped
- [0:50] Play Outro
- Total time: 1:41:06
- "Radio Metro" FM broadcast (mostly illegal) -> unknown taper & equipment (MiniDisc source based on spectrogram) -> unknown transfer (perhaps an analog capture due to 24-bit depth?) -> WAV (24/44) -> in Adobe Audition CC 2014.2: normalized to -3.0dB and any DC bias removed, automatic phase correction (most accurate settings), silence during dropouts removed, normalized to -0.1dB -> WAV (24/44) -> tracked using Audacity 2.0.6 -> WAV (24/44) tracks -> FLAC 16-bit (dithered) 44.1khz using FLAC 1.3.1 64-bit (level 8 compression) and foobar2000 v1.3.7
- auCDTectTaskManager log included
- Many thanks to SoulManager for contributing this source.
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz - 699MB