1986-08-16 Valbyparken, Copenhagen, Denmark/Source 2
A good audience recording. Hiss is rather loud and overpowering, and there's some distortion overall. The right channel is generally louder than the left. Stripped may be taken from an alternate source, as it is somewhat better quality and much hissier than the rest of the recording, but it is definitely from the Copenhagen concert as Dave's shouts match the vinyl-sourced audience recording from the same concert. A couple seconds are missing shortly after the beginning of Shake The Disease perhaps due to a taping equipment glitch, but otherwise this is a complete recording as far as I know.
This being the final concert of the 1986 Black Celebration Tour, Martin performed Somebody in the place of "It Doesn't Matter Two". Dave also gave a brief speech prior to Boys Say Go! thanking the tour crew.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [4:29] Play Christmas Island
- [6:07] Play Black Celebration
- [4:20] Play A Question Of Time
- [5:54] Play Fly On The Windscreen
- [5:07] Play Shake The Disease
- [5:05] Play Leave In Silence
- [5:27] Play It's Called A Heart
- [5:51] Play Everything Counts
- [4:38] Play Somebody (*)
- [4:17] Play A Question Of Lust (*)
- [5:31] Play Blasphemous Rumours
- [3:50] Play New Dress
- [6:24] Play Stripped
- [3:57] Play Something To Do
- [5:22] Play Master And Servant
- [4:16] Play Photographic
- [6:34] Play People Are People
- [6:01] Play Boys Say Go!
- [4:09] Play Just Can't Get Enough
- [5:50] Play More Than A Party
- Total time: 1:43:08
- Incomplete audience recording
- Lineage: unknown recording device + mics -> unknown master cassette(s) -> unknown deck(s) used for copy -> first generation TDK SA100 high position cassette, 1990 - 1991 stock -> Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck, serviced and upgraded (details) -> Blue Jeans Cable LC-1 8-foot RCA cable -> Creative Sound Blaster ZxR (RCA Line In) -> Adobe Audition CC 2015 (WASAPI 32-bit / 88.2 khz) -> hard limited loud mic bumps, normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias removed -> WAV (32/88.2) -> tracked using Audacity 2.1.1 -> WAV (32/88.2) tracks -> FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz using FLAC 1.3.1 64-bit (level 8 compression) and foobar2000 v1.3.9 with its Resampler (SoX) component v0.8.3 (best quality), dithering enabled
- Generation: first
- Taper: Elly Apfel
- Transfer: DMLiveWiki
- Cassette tape photos, tape inlay scan, and auCDtectTaskManager log included
- Many thanks to Falko for generously lending me a batch of five low-gen cassettes of Elly's recordings from the Black Celebration tour to transfer.
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz - 631MB