1988-03-07 Werner-Seelenbinder-Halle, East-Berlin, East-Germany/Source 1
A good audience recording. It's fairly noisy and there isn't much dynamic range. I was able to cleanly remove most of the hiss with noise reduction, and there was a slight DC offset that was corrected.
Unfortunately, Everything Counts is almost completely missing due to tape length restrictions. The lossy version I had of this recording has Everything Counts in its entirety, though it has an incomplete Black Celebration and shorter encore break after Never Let Me Down Again.
Thanks to Ronny, here is a translation of the announcer's speech prior to the concert.
Everything alright, friends?
That's what I thought.
Now, please listen to me for a moment. A few rules are important for the organisation.
First of all, the guys don't want anyone to smoke in the venue. Alright?
That also makes sense for your safety, because it would be a shame if this all burns down.
The second point is: don't throw anything up here and don´t even try to climb up the stage, it will be prevented anyway.
Together, we want to have a real celebration. With Depeche Mode, of course.
And lastly, if something happens and someone has a problem, help him so he can get out somewhere over there.
Be nice to each other, as I said, it means we want to have great concert together.
Always keep the word "we" in mind - these people in the stadium are "we", so behave accordingly, okay?
Alright, just a few more minutes, some things happening on the stage, a few cables getting plugged in - you already know this from the band before.
It will begin in just a few more minutes. Have a lot of fun. See you then.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [1:12] Play Intro
- [3:48] Play Pimpf
- [5:33] Play Behind The Wheel
- [4:51] Play Strangelove
- [5:11] Play Sacred
- [3:52] Play Something To Do
- [5:07] Play Blasphemous Rumours
- [6:22] Play Stripped
- [4:04] Play Pipeline (*)
- [4:06] Play The Things You Said (*)
- [4:43] Play Black Celebration
- [5:10] Play Shake The Disease
- [4:36] Play Nothing
- [4:38] Play Pleasure, Little Treasure
- [4:54] Play People Are People
- [4:14] Play A Question Of Time
- [10:13] Play Never Let Me Down Again
- [4:06] Play A Question Of Lust (*)
- [5:27] Play Master And Servant
- [0:04] Play Everything Counts
- Total time: 1:33:10
- unknown equipment, master cassette -> ... -> second generation cassette (unknown type) -> unknown transfer -> 2xCD-R -> Exact Audio Copy -> FLAC level 8 -> in Adobe Audition CC 2014.2: normalized to -3.0dB and any DC bias removed, slowed down 2.0% (iZotope Radius method), automatic phase correction (most accurate settings) -> WAV -> tracked using Audacity 2.1.0 -> FLAC using FLAC 1.3.1 64-bit (level 8 compression), tagged using foobar2000 v1.3.8
- Taper: Elly A.
- Generation: second
- auCDtectTaskManager log included
- Many thanks to darkdevoted for sharing the raw source for me to remaster and share.
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz - 524MB