1994-07-07 Marcus Amphitheatre, Milwaukee, WI, USA/Source 1
A good sounding, complete audience recording. Bass is somewhat overpowering and slightly distorted, but this is otherwise an enjoyable recording. Dave gets angry at the crowd during Behind The Wheel, as he yells "HELLO?" about halfway through the song.
Strangely, the tape played a bit slow, plus there are light clicks and pops throughout the recording. I applied automatic click remover (heavy reduction) to try to lessen them somewhat, but some are still present. I'm not sure whether the clicks and pops are due to the tape's age, storage conditions, or possibly even playback in a deck that had a magnetized capstan shaft which would typically impart such clicks and pops to the tape as it played. There are a number of other potential causes of the clicks and pops - but that's just the nature of analog audio. I verified that the clicks and pops were not caused by my deck by playing the tape in another known good deck - they were still present. Oddly, the MP3 copy that Erich sent me of his digitized tape copy (one gen higher) doesn't seem to be affected by these clicks and pops.
Many thanks to Brad for sending over his tape of this recording, and to Erich for sending me his MP3 copy of his own tape copy and getting me in contact with Brad. Brad gave this bootleg the title "Your Favorite Slaves" and "This Ain't No Disco!", as can be seen on the scans of the tape's homemade artwork, while Erich called it "The Bondage Angel"; scan of his artwork is also provided. I also tried to contact Atomic Records on Facebook to see if they might have the master tapes from any of their Depeche Mode recordings, but I haven't received any response so far.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [7:18] Play Rush
- [4:45] Play Halo
- [5:20] Play Behind The Wheel
- [4:44] Play Everything Counts
- [6:18] Play World In My Eyes
- [6:41] Play Walking In My Shoes
- [5:22] Play Stripped
- [4:06] Play Condemnation (*)
- [4:45] Play I Want You Now (*)
- [6:47] Play In Your Room
- [5:00] Play Never Let Me Down Again
- [7:19] Play I Feel You
- [8:43] Play Personal Jesus
- [4:16] Play Somebody (*)
- [9:15] Play Enjoy The Silence
- [5:18] Play A Question Of Time
- Total time: 1:35:56
- Complete audience recording
- unknown taper and equipment (DAT recording?) -> low-generation (1st gen?) Maxell XL-II 100 cassette (1992 - 1996 US stock) purchased at Atomic Records in Milwaukee -> Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck, serviced and upgraded (details) -> Blue Jeans Cable LC-1 8-foot RCA cable -> Creative Sound Blaster ZxR (RCA Line In) -> Adobe Audition CC 2015.0 (32-bit / 88.2 khz WASAPI) -> sped up 2.0%, automatic click remover (heavy reduction), normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias removed -> WAV (32/88.2) -> tracked using Audacity 2.1.2 -> WAV (32/88.2) tracks -> FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz using FLAC 1.3.1 64-bit (level 8 compression) and foobar2000 v1.3.11 with its Resampler (SoX) component v0.8.3 (best quality), dithering enabled
- Transfer: DMLiveWiki
- Cassette tape photo, tape artwork and inlay scan, and auCDtectTaskManager log included
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1KHz - 579.20MB