1987-10-23 Blaugrana Sports Palas, Barcelona, Spain/Source 1
Pimpf is missing the a bit from the beginning (like just about every MFTM tour recording), and I did have to patch about 4 seconds of the very end of Shake The Disease using my previous transfer of what sounded like a low-generation tape to complete it seamlessly, but otherwise this is a complete recording. The last three tracks have a rather loud low-frequency hum. It seems that Elly's Sony WM-D6C was consistently about 2.5% fast since I had to slow down 1987-10-22 Madrid which was also Elly's recording. This probably explains why many of the better recordings of the tour are all playing fast - they're all Elly's!
Note that the extended 12" version of People Are People was performed during this concert, with a lengthier break in the middle of the song. This version would be played up through the seventh gig of the tour (1987-10-30 Milan); all later performances of the song during this tour more closely resemble the shorter single version of the track.
Many thanks to Falko for generously lending me another batch of low-generation tapes to transfer.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [3:56] Play Pimpf
- [5:36] Play Behind The Wheel
- [4:54] Play Strangelove
- [5:19] Play Sacred
- [3:56] Play Something To Do
- [5:12] Play Blasphemous Rumours
- [6:22] Play Stripped
- [4:04] Play Pipeline (*)
- [4:13] Play The Things You Said (*)
- [4:38] Play Black Celebration
- [5:11] Play Shake The Disease
- [4:39] Play Nothing
- [4:36] Play Pleasure, Little Treasure
- [5:25] Play People Are People
- [4:14] Play A Question Of Time
- [9:18] Play Never Let Me Down Again
- [4:13] Play A Question Of Lust (*)
- [7:57] Play Master And Servant
- [6:43] Play Everything Counts
- Total time: 1:40:24
- Incomplete audience recording
- Sony WM-D6C + unknown mics -> unknown master cassette(s) -> unknown deck(s) used for copy -> first generation TDK SA100 high position cassette, 1990 - 1991 stock -> Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck, serviced and upgraded (details) -> Blue Jeans Cable LC-1 8-foot RCA cable -> Creative Sound Blaster ZxR (RCA Line In) -> Adobe Audition CC 2015 (32-bit / 88.2 khz) -> slowed down 2.5%, normalized to -0.1dB and any DC bias removed -> downsampled to WAV (16/44) using foobar2000 v1.3.10 with its Resampler (SoX) component v0.8.3 (best quality), dithering enabled -> ending of Shake The Disease seamlessly patched in Adobe Audition using prior low-gen tape source -> tracked using Audacity 2.1.2 -> WAV (16/44) tracks -> FLAC using FLAC 1.3.1 64-bit (level 8 compression) and foobar2000 v1.3.10
- Generation: first
- Taper: Elly Apfel
- Transfer: DMLiveWiki
- Cassette tape photos, tape inlay scan, and auCDtectTaskManager log included
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1KHz - 680.52MB