2017-09-11 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY, USA/Source 1
An excellent recording. This is a matrix of the Assistive Listening Device feed (which is basically a soundboard feed intended for use by hearing-impaired individuals to better experience the concert) and an excellent audience recording. There are infrequent bursts of static. Compared to the matrix recording of the prior New York concert two nights prior, the vocals have slightly more distortion, and there tends to be more frequent bursts of static.
Dave dedicates Heroes to "all the Heroes of 9/11, this is for them".
Revision A notes: fan zzed101 discovered that one channel was inverted on this recording, causing undesirable phase cancellation and resulting in a strange sounding "tunnel" sort of effect. This has been corrected. The recording is also re-tracked slightly to correct the start time of Going Backwards, Barrel Of A Gun, and to fold in a superfluous "Encore" track into the end of Never Let Me Down Again.
Thanks to RyanJ for taping and sharing, and to JD for lending Ryan the CCM4 microphones.
You can listen to this entire recording below.
- [5:04] Play Preshow / Intro
- [6:26] Play Going Backwards
- [5:18] Play Policy Of Truth
- [5:55] Play Barrel Of A Gun
- [4:33] Play A Pain That I'm Used To
- [5:08] Play Corrupt
- [6:45] Play In Your Room
- [5:57] Play World In My Eyes
- [5:35] Play Cover Me
- [4:31] Play Judas (*)
- [7:38] Play Home (*)
- [3:30] Play Poison Heart
- [5:11] Play Where's The Revolution
- [4:09] Play Wrong
- [7:34] Play Everything Counts
- [4:41] Play Black Celebration
- [7:42] Play Enjoy The Silence
- [9:37] Play Never Let Me Down Again
- [4:16] Play Strangelove (*)
- [7:18] Play Walking In My Shoes
- [6:50] Play Heroes
- [6:23] Play I Feel You
- [6:42] Play Personal Jesus
- Total time: 2:16:43
- WAV -> Adobe Audition (normalize to -0.1dB, slight lift in highs, convert to 16/44, matrix, track) -> WAV -> xACT -> FLAC -> convert to single WAV -> in Audacity 3.2.5: inverted right channel to correct phase cancellation, normalized to -0.1dB and any DC offset removed -> WAV -> FLAC level 8
- Equipment #1: Schoeps CCM4s + Actives + Naiant Tinybox + Sony PCM-M10
- Equipment #2: Assistive Listening Device (ALD) receiver -> Edirol R-05
- Taper: RyanJ
- Taping location: Section 106, Row A, Seat 3-4
- auCDtectTaskManager log and original info file included
- Download ZIP - FLAC 16-bit 44.1KHz - 816.16MB