This page lists concerts which were notable for some reason, for example, an extra or unexpected encore track, different arrangements of songs, a significant mistake or equipment failure, etc. This list is not necessarily comprehensive.
- earliest circulating genuine recording of Depeche Mode
- first concert outside the UK
- complete recording of the rarely played "metallic" intro which sounds similar to a slowed-down version of Shout
- Boys Say Go! played twice
- last concert with Vince Clarke in the line-up
- secret and very successful gig played under the alias "Modepeche" in order to support the Bridgehouse venue; despite the profitable concert, the venue closed later that year in 1982
- A tear gas bomb was thrown during See You and the concert was cut short.
- It Doesn't Matter was performed acoustically with piano backing. It could be considered the first acoustic performance by Depeche Mode. You can listen to the entire track on that page.
- first show behind the iron curtain. After the last song, Happy Birthday was sung for Martin who turned 24 that day.
- one of two dates where Here Is The House was played as the full-album version; entire track is available to listen on the concert's page
- first show on the Eastern side of the Berlin Wall. The black market went crazy with people offering things like mopeds for a ticket.
- last show of the Music For The Masses Tour.
- it was released as the band's first live-album and the film '101'.
- Dave lost his voice and Martin played a few more songs to end the show
- Dave suffered from a heart attack near the end of the set and the concert was cut short
- first show with Daryl Bamonte, who replaced Andy Fletcher for the remaining dates of the tour
- last show with Alan Wilder
- the first of two "Ultra Parties"
- Dave's first show after his drug overdose
- soundcheck was in preparation for 1998-12-12 KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas, Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, CA, USA and several songs had new acoustic arrangements; audience recording of that soundcheck is available
- debut of Behind The Wheel for 1998 The Singles Tour
- acoustic arrangement for several songs
- Billy Corgan of The Smashing Pumpkins joins for lead vocals and guitar during Never Let Me Down Again
- acoustic arrangement for several songs
- backing tape crash during I Feel You
- first live performance of Shake The Disease since the 1990 World Violation Tour
- Dave didn't return to the stage after Martin's slot as he was suffering from an alleged stomach infection. Martin sang 4 more songs before the show was ended early.
- first and only live-performance of Fragile Tension
- Depeche Mode played a show for the 'Teenage Cancer Trust'
- some additional musicians played strings for a couple of songs
- Alan Wilder joined Martin Gore on stage to perform the song Somebody
- first live performance of But Not Tonight
- Depeche Mode play the Hollywood Bowl four nights in a single engagement, becoming the first act to do so in the century-old venue's history.
Pages in category "Notable concerts"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.
- 1980-10-30 Bridge House, London, England, UK
- 1981-07-25 Zuiderpark, The Hague, The Netherlands
- 1981-08-02 Jenkinsons, Brighton, England, UK
- 1981-12-03 Chichester Festival Theatre, Chichester, England, UK
- 1982-02-27 Bridge House, London, England, UK
- 1984-12-11 Sporthalle, Böblingen, Germany
- 1985-04-12 Nakano Sun Plaza, Tokyo, Japan
- 1985-07-23 Volan Stadium, Budapest, Hungary
- 1986-03-31 New Conference Centre, Brighton, England, UK
- 1988-03-07 Werner-Seelenbinder-Halle, East-Berlin, East-Germany
- 1988-06-18 Rose Bowl, Pasadena, CA, USA
- 1993-09-08 The Forum, Montreal, QC, Canada
- 1993-10-08 Lakefront Arena, New Orleans, LA, USA
- 1994-04-04 Olympia, São Paulo, Brazil
- 1994-07-08 Deer Creek Music Centre, Indianapolis, IN, USA
- 1997-04-10 Adrenalin Village, London, England, UK
- 1998-12-02 Idaho Center, Boise, ID, USA
- 1998-12-12 KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas, Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- 2001-11-05 Maimarkthalle, Mannheim, Germany
- 2005-12-11 KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas, Gibson Amphitheatre, Universal City, CA, USA
- 2006-05-10 Starlight Amphitheater, Kansas City, MO, USA
- 2009-07-24 Molson Amphitheater, Toronto, ON, Canada
- 2010-02-17 Royal Albert Hall, London, England, UK
- 2013-04-26 The Troubadour, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- 2017-10-12 Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- 2017-10-14 Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- 2017-10-16 Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- 2017-10-18 Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA, USA